Open infrastructure for ethical capitalism
Today’s technology makes it trivial to order supplies from outside of our communities, which is damaging to the community itself. We are designing an e-commerce platform which will make it just as easy to order online from local stores, and get products delivered same day through crowd sourced delivery.
Click to access Black-Swan.pdf
- Online E-Commerce Platform
- Uber/Doordash style service focused on letting people with vehicles make a living.
- Community inventory for enabling community lending, leasing and sales during emergencies.
Distributed Social Networks
These days our civil discourse often occurs on privately owned platform rules defined by corporate policy rather rather than something democratic. While this is logical for the owners of the platform, I don’t believe we should accept it as individuals within society.
- Friendica Android client (eventually multi-protocol) – Almost Ready
- Cloud platform for spinning up Friendica instances (eventually Diaspora/Mastodon as well) – In design
- Home appliance version of Friendica – Planned
Private Cloud Platform
Modern cloud platforms like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure heavily leverage open source technology. With enough knowledge, these technologies can be used to build a private cloud platform.
This opens the door for small public clouds operated by local small business.
- Build Metal as a Service platform using MaaS or Foreman – In Design
- Build VM platform using OpenStack or OpenNebula – In Design
- Build container platform using Kubernetes or Docker – In Development
- Create deployment process for common open source platforms like Friendica, WordPress, Email services, etc. – Planned
Community Tech Incubator
Tech Stoa, now open
in Worcester, MA online.